Design with Purpose
Process & Research
Bachelor of Fine Arts:
HTML & CSS
R/GA: Chicago, IL
June 2011 - Present
- I create digital destinations and manage teams to create compelling stories, build communities, encourage on-going engagement, and execute beautifully— to create meaningful connections between brands and consumers.
- Clients: The Beef Council, Corona Extra, Novartis, Capital One, Grey Goose, SC Johnson
ARt director + Designer
2009 - 2011 [FREELANCE]
- Developed the brand identity for the Chicago-based company
- Lead the re-design of their site re-launch: designing over 40 web pages, including the homepage, welcome/intro pages, online business portals, internal pages, pricing modules, profile panels, marketing widgets, daily email designs, download certificates, and complete mobile designs
SWEET SPOT MACARONS
MAY 2011 - OCTOBER 2011 [FREELANCE]
- Created a complete visual branding language for a local Chicago food truck
- Designs include identity, vehicle wrap design, business collateral (business cards, menu design), promotional materials (flyers, marketing/advertising posters, wearables (apron designs), and product packaging.
june 2006 - may 2011
- Developed designs for advertising campaigns including print collateral, out-of-home, branding, presentation design, viral marketing, and digital interfaces (websites, micro-sites, banners)
- Drove, managed, and oversaw design projects from concept through production
- Lead and oversaw internal design team for New Business, creating designs for meeting materials (video slates, room boards, presentation mats & name plates, powerpoint templates)
- Clients: Jim Beam, Illinois Lottery, The Art Institute, On The Border Mexican Restaurant, River North Dance Company
Love Your Little: Chicago, IL
Developed a poster design series and complete social media design system to promote and support breastfeeding for mothers returning back to work from maternity leave.
Brides & Grooms: Gretchen & Danny, Chrissy & Mike, Katie & Jeff, Mark & Jessica:
Created unique, custom wedding design packages including printed materials such as Save-the-Dates, Invitations, Event Programs, Table Numbers, Menus, and Name Cards.
Tru-Way Metal Fabrication: Chicago, IL
Re-designed the company's logo and developed the over-arching brand visual language and collateral materials (business cards, email templates, and print mailers. The identity was recognized by Graphis Logo Design (International Visual Communications Awards Annual).
Legacy Dance Association & Bravissima Dance Company : Chicago, IL
Created the identities and social media design systems for several latin dance teams.
SA Partnerships Architects: San Antonio, TX
Developed designs for direct mailings along with internal design communications.
A.V.A. 'A Vivid Art' Fashion Label: New York, NY
Created an identity for an Independent NY Fashion Designer along with business cards, apparel labels & tags, order forms, and line-sheet.
Antithesis Advertising: Rochester, NY
Concepted and designed materials for various b2b companies in the Rochester area during an internship.
New Wave Entertainment: Burbank, CA
Worked in the Print Department, learning the in's and out's of Photoshop, the mount room, mechanicals, and photoshoots. Contributed to design meetings with sketches and concepts for entertainment print collateral.